St Peter's Girls' School attains Healthy Minds Accreditation.September 19, 2017
St Peter's Girls (Adelaide) has officially been accredited as a Healthy Minds School, becoming the 10th school to attain these wellbeing credentials in Australia.
On Friday, 15th September, Dr Tom Nehmy presented Head of Middle School, Mr Richard Lisle with their accreditation certificate.
The partnership between Healthy Minds and St Peter's Girls School has included:
- a review and implementation of best-practice pastoral care structures and processes
- A term-long implementation of the Healthy Minds psychological skills training for Year 8 girls
- A parent evening '7 Secrets to a Healthy Mind' for parents of Year 8 girls
- Staff development in the latest theory, research and application of prevention and resilience-building strategies
- Work with ELC and Junior School staff and parents, include the 'Pathways to a Healthy Mind' parent evening and follow-up workshop called 'Building Capacity in Kids'